Sunday, October 12, 2008

UnAwesome Sports News: Monta Ellis and Moped Gate 2008


So who knew that the only thing that could slow down the Warriors' version of the Flash was a moped. 

Monta you've met your Kryptonite.

The Warriors are suspending Monta for 30 games. Yikes. You have to worry that this will, in the funhouse mirror that is the NBA, this will end up coming back to hurt the Warriors.

Something like, Monta Ellis harbors a grudge, plays through it, and then jumps at the first opportunity.

I expect to hear a lot of quotes like "I'm ready  to move on...I made a mistake...I don't harbor any ill feelings towards ownership...They have to do what they have to do...I hate their guts for disrepecting me..."

Okay, actually that last thing, is perhaps what we wish he'd say.

But Monta appears to be a solid guy despite all this moped nonsense. So maybe none of my predictions will come to pass. For the Baron-Davis-less Warriors, that would be the best news of all.

Yahoo story on Monta's Suspension: here

No comments: