Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Awesome Band You Have Every Reason to Hate: Chester French.

Ugh. I hate that I'm digging these guys so much.

Reasons to hate them? Too many to name. Okay, I'll try.

They went to Harvard. Ugh.

They look a little too much like people that stepped out of an Abecrombie and Fitch ad. Ugh.

They're signed to Pharrell's label. Ugh. How cool.

They named themselves after an architect. Ugh.

They refer to their music as "gentleman's rock." Bugh! (That's Barf combined with Ugh.)

It appears that they killed off three members of the band at some point. This article refers to three other peeps. Maybe those guys stuck with their studies instead of deciding to become rock stars. Which, since the school is Harvard, might not actually be a bad idea. Ugh! Ugh! Ugh! (That's the three other guys getting run over by the Chester French tour bus by "accident.")

Here's the music. Ugh. I hate how much I like this. I think they're talking about sex in a car in this but I could be way off.



And argh, they even choose cool songs to cover.



The only thing hurting their cool at this point, is their own Yoko. One of the Chester Frencher's married Peaches Geldof.



So there you have it. Chester French = Barfage. Can't wait for their album drop. Check stores in January.

No comments: